Friday, August 15, 2008

Another Hospital Visit....Yuck


I hate the hospital. I don't know how people ever recover in there. I went to the ER the other night because I had been getting dizzy and feeling my heart skip a few beats here and there and then race a bit. I called my OB's office and they suggested I go to the ER. I spent 4 hours in the ER most of them just sitting around waiting while they monitored my heart. They recorded something funky and decided to admit me. I was ready to panic at that point because I really needed to be at work the next day. They poked me all night and monitored my heart. They woke me up a million times. Thankfully my sweet husband was right there with me the entire time. He even slept on the floor of the hospital room, although I don't think he really got any sleep. I wouldn't have survived without him. The next afternoon they finally did an echocardiogram and pronounced me healthy and able to go home. My heart is still flipping around a bit but I don't plan on going back to the ER any time soon! They think my heart is just reacting to all the extra hormones in my body. Hopefully everything will go back to normal when she gets here.

1 comment:

Berrybritt said...

Cool! I am so glad that you started a blog. They are my favorite. Need to see some pictures or I would love to see a video! Keep us posted.