Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Brinley Madeline Preslar is here!










Well I guess I will tell everybody what happened. It started at 2:00 am when Amber's water broke, we came to the hospital and amber started having contractions, but she was still at a 1. At 9:30 she was a 2 and the doctors decided to give potosin and the epidural. I left to go home to feed the dogs and by the time I got back she was at a 9. She just needed me to leave her alone for a bit. She pushed for about one and a half hours. When Brinley was on her way out we realized that she had a bowel movement inside the womb. "Panic" That's when I panicked. The doctor called the people from N.I.C.U to come and get ready. Brinley came and was quickly rushed to a new table were they had to shove tubes into her stomach, 4 different times, she had a lot of meconium in her and they did not want it to get into her lungs .Try to imagine me in between my daughter, who is having tubes shoved down her throat and my wife on the the bed bleeding, I was not prepared, for about 5 minutes i was in hell and heaven at the same time. But everything went ok thanks to the doctors who were incredible the whole time. Now at 9:15 pm she is healthy and has no issues that are critical. Now for the stats, she is 20 1/2 inches and weighs 7 pounds and 11 ounces of pure joy!


6 comments:

Lori said...

I am so happy for you. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Berrybritt said...

I just love the hair. The little curl on top with the bow is so cute. We just can't wait to see her in person. Congratulations! I am so glad that you are now a Daddy and a Mommy. Love you, and if Aaron allows us, we may come to Utah and see you this weekend.

Tiff said...

congrats!! she's adorable!! can't wait to see her.

Anonymous said...

yeah, congratulations!!!! She is adorable, isn't it amazing? Now you'll wonder what you did all this time without her. Good job Aaron, it's wonderful and supporting husbands like you that make being a wife and a mother the best thing in the world, this is just the beginning. Please give lots of love to your girls from us. Besos!!
Chavez Family

Phil and Cami said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful.

Jen & Kevin Burrell said...

What a cutie and I love her name!