Saturday, May 2, 2009

Long Time Coming

I have returned to work. I actually went back on April 15th. That is why I haven't posted in almost a month. I have just not had the time. When I get home from work I just want to spend as much time with Brinley as I can before she goes to bed. She is napping now so I thought I would sneak in quick post.
Before I went back to work my sister came down to visit with her 2 youngest kids, Sam and Brooklyn. We had a great time with them. We went to the children's museum, went swimming, shopping, and just hung out. Brinley loves her cousins so much. Every time she would see one of them she would just light up. It was so much fun to have them here. I get sad whenever Brittney and the kids leave. I wish they lived closer and we could see them all the time. Here are some fun pictures of us at the children's museum.

Brooklyn on the big horse


Nana and our sweet Sammy boy



Brinley having a great time watching the kids play



Brooklyn the rock climber, we are hoping to take her climbing with us this summer




Brooklyn making her own comic strip


Aaron has been doing so great at home with Brinley. The day before I went back to work he convinced her to take a bottle. He is such an amazing dad. They are having so much fun together. They play and go out places together. Aaron even brought her to see me at work which was awesome. It is so much easier to be at work when I know Brinley is at home with her dad and not with a stranger. Here are some pictures that Aaron has taken of her.Finally taking the bottle!



Enjoying a "hand sandwich"


Playing in her jumpy toy

Such a happy girl

Our niece Kennady turned 1 on April 22nd. We had a great time at her birthday. She is getting so big and learning new things every day.








Grandma and Grandpa Despain (Brinley's great-grandparents) made it to Kennady's party and we took advantage and took some 4 generation pictures.






Brinley is waking up so that is all for now. I will try to post more often.

3 comments:

Phil and Cami said...

I can't believe how much Brinley looks like you! It's like looking at baby pictures of you (at least what I remember looking through Grandma's photo albums.) She is adorable.
I'm so glad you were able to get her to take a bottle. I noticed they were Advent (I'm pretty sure that's the brand I'm thinking of.) Those are good bottles. Those were my second choice bottles. For the future, they make a transition top to transition into a sippy cup so it's less of an adjustment on them. I didn't use it, but a friend of mine raves about them.
I hope going back to work wasn't to hard for you. I know it was a real adjustment for me having to leave CJ everyday. I'm glad Brinley gets to be with her Daddy.

Berrybritt said...

Amber, I love all of those pictures! My favorite is of her holding the bottle! so cute, I can't believe she can do that all ready. We love you and miss you!

Tiff said...

i can't believe how big she is getting! time goes so fast! what a cutie!