Thursday, May 28, 2009

Stay-At-Home Daddy!

Well as most of you know I have been home for little over a month with Brinley. I quit a good job welding and now spend all day with her. I miss work (a little! ) Mainly I just miss the money, but the benefit package with my new job is amazing, who else gets to go to the aquarium with their daughter for work! I have watched as she progresses daily, and it does not get any better than that. I am amazed at how fast she learns things, one day she switched and became all active and responsive. We have been lucky to have such a great little girl. It is a little weird though, going to the grocery store or anywhere else for that matter and being the only male pushing a baby around. It's like a special club to be in, or out of. When I see another male with a baby I give him the "nod" or the hand wave that Harley riders give other Harley riders, we have all seen it and some of us have been lucky enough to get and give it. Thanks Larry! But when it comes to all the lady folk out there they look at me as if they are on the Harley and I am riding a scooter! I think that they will come around. One check out lady asked if I was PRETENDING to be a stay at home dad! HUH Anyways I will try to get more posts up along with pictures, but I am just now learning how to manage my time with a beautiful little girl.

5 comments:

Phil and Cami said...

I think it's really awesome that you get to be a stay at home dad. It's a privilage to watch your child grow everyday! If I were around up there I'd be looking at you as if you were riding the Harley and I was on the scooter!

Berrybritt said...

Dito to what Cami said. I love the pictures. So fun and cute! I hope you will come to the zoo with us when we are there. What up with the beard??? I have never seen that on you before! Cool. Give babe a kiss for us. See you in two days!

The Jensen's said...

Lucky man, I am not excited to exit the stay at home Dad club, I was in it for almost 2 years. I think that makes me president. I start the new job tomorrow. Kinda feels like selling your Harley to pay off your wife's credit card.

Tiff said...

well i think it rocks that your home with her! i'm just glad that she doesn't have to go to daycare!

sueann said...

love your story aaron, not many dads get enough time with their little ones, enjoy it.